Units of Inquiry in Term 2 – How the World Works & Where We Are in Place and Time.
In Term Two Prep are looking at materials and their properties. See below for the central idea and the lines of inquiry.
HOW THE WORLD WORKS
Materials have different properties and uses and the properties of these materials may change.
Key concepts: Function, Causation
Lines of inquiry
– Properties and uses of materials
– Changing properties of materials
– Manipulation of materials for specific purposes
WHERE WE ARE IN PLACE AND TIME
Cultural histories are shared by people through stories.
- Exploring aspects of culture
- Stories of families and the past
- Personal histories
Key Concepts: Perspective