The third unit of inquiry is HOW THE WORLD WORKS
Scientific principles help to explain how things work
Key Concepts: Reflection and Change
Related Concepts: chemical and physical change, processes
Lines of Inquiry
- Investigating scientific principles
- Results may be affected by changes
- New knowledge helps us to understand
**** More information to come ****
HOW THE WORLD WORKS PREVIOUS YEARS
Scientific principles are used in the production of the food we consume.
Key Concepts: Change, Causation
Lines of inquiry:
- Types of food
- The scientific principles involved in the production of food
- How people are involved in the production of food
The students reflected about the processes involved and shared their understanding using flowcharts, mindmaps and tools like tellagami.
Using tellagami to explain the process from sugar cane seed to sugar.
RESOURCES – WHO WILL BUY
WEBLINKS RETRIEVAL CHART
APPS – HOW TO USE DOODLE BUDDY