The following are guides and directions for using the JS Library.
HOW TO USE THE LIBRARY – JSSALC WIKISPACES
TASK: Consider the JS Library using the PYP Concepts
What is a book?
- Locate a book on the shelves (How to read a shelf)
- Understanding library shelving terminology
- Shelf reading tutorial
- Shelf order Library Games, F Call No.s
- Select your book using a shelf marker
What is the purpose of the school library?
- Go on a Library Scavenger Hunt
- Walk the Walls
Why are the books organised and categorised in the way they are?
Learn about Dewey Decimal system and how to use the catalogue.
DEWEY DECIMAL SYSTEM
Consider what makes a good book?
- Write a review for an AWESOME book or view a book trailer using a QR code (on book covers).
- See more about this at the Reading Wall.
What types of books do we have in the JS Library collection?
- Using the fiction spine labels on our books locate a new book to read.
How are libraries changing in the 21st century?
Libraries past – libraries future
Demonstrate how to be knowledgeable and responsible in the JS Library.
What is our responsibility as users of the library?
- Using shelf markers
Sammy the Shelf Marker
- What is our responsibility to apply information honestly and ethically?
Complete a reflection about the JS Library and how you use it.
- What do YOU feel about our library?
- What can we do to improve the library and its facilities in the future?
- Tell us what you think?
- Do we have a balanced collection?
- Consider the fiction section
- Locate the spine labels.
- What types of books do we have?
Making the connections
- How can the library support your learning?
1) USING THE JS LIBRARY
2) USING ACCESS-IT
3) USING CLICKVIEW
3) USING BOOK IT