New resources (weekly)

• tags: search search engines images SALC2013

• tags: SALC2013 Australian_Curriculum AC

• “Wonder is for everyone. It can happen anywhere and at anytime. Connecting the learning we do in our schools, our homes, and our communities, Wonderopolis walks the line between formal and informal education. Each day, we pose an intriguing question and explore it in a variety of ways. Our approach both informs and encourages new questions, sparking new paths of wonder and discovery in family and classroom settings.”

tags: SALC2013 PYP inquiry

• “The Literacy Shed is home to a wealth of visual resources that I have collected over my 10 year career as a primary school teacher. I trawl YouTube, vimeo and other sites looking for suitable resources to use in the sheds. The sheds are broadly thematic but sometimes a resource could go in 2 or more sheds, I slot it in where I think it works best.

Most of the resources can be used in KS1 and KS2 but some do lend themselves to the upper age group and above. The aim is to provide high quality resources that can be used in stand alone literacy lessons, can form the basis for a whole iteracy unit or can support literacy units that you already have in place. With the many book based activities I would advocate using the book alongside the digital resource. “

tags: Englsh literacy SALC2013

Posted from Diigo. The rest of my favorite links are here.